Microsoft announced that Cortana is now available on Skype. Cortana is a computer assistant that can help with things like finding restaurants or making plans with friends. With Cortana in Windows 10, 500 million devices have access to this computer assistant.
- Microsoft announced today that its AI assistant Cortana is now available on Skype.
- Cortana on Skype can chat one-on-one or be summoned into conversations to handle tasks like scheduling events, finding nearby restaurants, or sharing IMDB movie reviews.
- When chatting one-on-one, Cortana can answer questions the same way she can elsewhere: Ask for things like directions or a weather forecast and Cortana will deliver answers via visual cards.
- In addition to doing things like making restaurant reservations, Cortana on Skype can serve up suggested replies like “I’m doing ok” when someone asks “How are you?” or “Create reminder” when you’re making plans with friends.
- With Cortana in Windows 10, 500 million devices have access to Cortana. About 140 million users speak with Cortana at least once a month, according to Microsoft VP Jordi Ribas.
- Whether we like it or not, I think we’re all going to be talking to chat bots much more. I hope they continue to get smarter and more helpful and still let us press ‘0’ every now and then to talk to a human 🙂