Ocado’s new warehouse has thousands of robots zooming around a grid system to pack groceries — 65,000 orders every week. Is this the future of retail?
- Ocado is an online-only grocery retailer that uses robotic technology to automate its warehouses and streamline the fulfillment process.
- The company has developed its own proprietary software that enables customers to shop through a virtual storefront, adding items to their cart and selecting delivery slots.
- Ocado’s technology also includes a fleet of robots that operate within its warehouses, picking and packing orders with remarkable efficiency.
- The company’s delivery service is just as impressive, with a fleet of temperature-controlled vans equipped with GPS tracking and intelligent routing systems to ensure timely and accurate deliveries.
- In recent years, Ocado has also branched out into partnerships with traditional brick-and-mortar retailers, providing them with the same advanced technology and delivery service that has made Ocado so successful.
- Pick and Pack – the world won’t stop until they figure this out…
- Every year they get closer and closer.